Friday, April 17, 2009

David Archuleta's Showcase

11th of April 2009 was one of the most memorable and best day ever. I've screamed my lungs out and sang my heart out. I almost broke down to tears but I was too happy to do so. All the burden inside of me had just gone at the sight of him. Even though the burden went out for a while like fire turning to ashes, it was worth it. I got to see and hear David Archuleta singing with a voice so unique and beautiful right in front of my eyes. Nothing else matters, even though I was sitting quite far away from the stage - other bloody fans came earlier and took the front seat after the VIPs, and bloody VIPs even existed (this is a true communism) - I am satisfied and happy enough to get a chance to be at the Sunway Lagoon Amphitheatre.

I am not going to blog much because my friend Aliya has blogged about it (we went there together) so I shall just put the videos I found in youtube which is quite clear. I had taken pictures and videos of him but it is not ver clear.

Aliya and I arrived there at 1.30pm. The amphitheatre was packed but luckily we found a seat which was far up but at least I could still see the stage clearly. So we sat and wait and sing the songs played through the huge speakers. We chant David's name everytime the music ended. We booed when David did not appear on stage no matter how loud we called his name. The Morning Crew of hitz.fm appeared on stage at 3.30pm. We cheered happily. They asked quizzes about David and gave out goodie bags. There were three singers for the opening act, each sang two damn songs which I don't even know and care. I just wanted David.

Finally, at 4.30pm, JJ welcomed Mr. David Archuleta on stage! All of us screamed as a sign of welcome. But when he sang, I sang too. I don't scream when he sang, unlike other people. It's just so irritating when people scream when a singer is singing on stage. Anyway, here are the videos:

First he sang A Little Too Not Over You;



Then, he sang Touch My Hand;



I only memorize the chorus of Don't Let Go. He should sang some other songs like To Be With You or You Can instead of this;



Crush is the best. He sang with full of spirit and joy. He said "Terima Kasih Malaysia" at the end of this song;



I've read in the newspaper that he was actually going to end the showcase with Crush, but he decided to do two encores - A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton and my favourite, Angels by Robbie Williams;




When the deejays said that thank you for coming, blablabla, the burden suddenly came and devoured me. I don't want it to end. I kept saying "No, this is not over.." or "There must be some more.." or "Noooooo!". I was really sad. I have not get enough of him yet. I do wish I had the meet and greet passes. Or just bump into him like I had daydreamed... Oh, heck, it's just a dream, idiot! Ugh. I don't want to share my feelings any further because you won't understand anyway.

That was just the day. The night was just beginning. And I'll share with you what had happened at night in the next post.

Farewell, dear readers.

No comments: