Monday, March 8, 2010

Language Week

Hello. Assalamualaikum. Vanakam. Anyong haseyo. Ola. Bon jour. Sawadikaaaa. Etc.

I've witnessed the launching of the Language Week in school today. It wasn't all that grand. There was a slideshow where it showed the activities that we SST students will be doing this week. There was a song accompanying the slideshow which feels sort of like being in Hogwarts all of a sudden. However, the music stopped halfway -.- . So the principal gave a short speech and tadaaa the language week was launch. No cutting ribbons whatsoever.

So the form fours will be doing a debate for English and read news for bahasa melayu, both on Wednesday. Come to think of it, Wednesday is always a tough day. Just now during English class before dismissal time, we practiced the debate but with a different topic. I kind of panic n was in a blur when it was my turn. Well, don't blame me, blame my father's genes. God, I really need confidence and be brave to speak up! The thing is, I know what I should say, I know some awesome words on my mind due to plenty of reading (currently reading Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South) but when I started to speak, it all jumbled up in my mind and nothing came out in order. Yes I admit I have a slow brain. But that is certainly not an excuse. I am typing this now spontaneously but why cant I speak spontaneously too? I think that I can only think properly first before speaking or else my mouth will be in confusion. At this point I figured, I really need a close friend in school to talk about anything so that I'll be comfortable talking with other people in other occasions too. But who? I treat them all the same, as family (and clearly I'm the least favourable among them if there is ever a group activity). So. Yeah. I need a friend. In school. In class. Right now.

I am weak in Physics. I've concentrated in class but when it comes to doing exercises, I just can't do it. I think it's the way of the teacher's teaching. I need time to really understand it but there is absolutley no time. If only the teacher taught the class well then perhaps this feeling of disdain and abhorrence upon this subject would not occur.

Speaking of, I must finish up the exercises. Now.

No comments: